Posted Sunday, December 04, 2011 // 19:24

Finally, finished assembling those darn Soom un-assembled jointed hands for L. It was a pain in the ass trying to assemble it. Really, for that much money, I'd expect Soom to assemble them for us, but no, they come un-assembled, Sir. I had trouble trying to decipher what the heck the assembly guide was saying. In the end, I decided to do it my way. And just when I finished with one hand, I realized that they had picture of the stringing on the guide, just that, the line of string was so faint, I missed it until I looked at it more closely under light. At least I got it right, except for the final tying part. And to top it up, I need to use the double-sided tape provided to stick the hand to the ball joint (as their guide stated). Seriously, Soom?  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The final result

At least now I know how to string jointed hands. -.- I'll pose more photos of the joint hands posing once I get my Chrom's head back.

Labels:

 

 

4 Comments:
Blogger Machiko said...

LOL Sounds like a pain in the bum. O_O I like the idea of jointed hands....but I just don't like all the joints. LOL It's an oxymoron.. >__<;;

Monday, December 12, 2011 1:42:00 am  
Anonymous kiro said...

Lol, they were pain, weren't they?
I got ones with Ïl, those that I gave for Yujian in the end, becouse Ïl couldn't use them anymore once he got femme-body.
It was real trouble assembling them.
Just a guestion tho; Do you have trouble in getting the hands to stay in place? Mine try to "unscrew" (not sure what to call it in engl.) from the wrists, leaving gab between wrist and ball-joint.
Maybe it's just me tho' sinse my hands are older...

Monday, December 12, 2011 2:33:00 am  
Blogger Galileo said...

@Machiko It's a pain. ~_~ I like the pose-ability of jointed hands too but not the joints... it makes it look very unnatural and ugly I think lol.

@kiro Did you get any double sided tape with the jointed hands? I got two stripes of double sided tape with the jointed hand and according to the guide, I am supposed to stick the tape at the hand joint before attaching it on the wrist. I thought that was stupid so I didn't and I found that it tends to unscrew itself too. So now I just put the double sided tape there to make it stick. I will take photo of the guide for you later to make it easier to see. XD

Monday, December 12, 2011 4:29:00 pm  
Blogger kiro said...

@Galileo Thank you so much for the help ^^

Thursday, December 15, 2011 2:19:00 am  

Post a Comment

... Back to the blog?

​⇜【BACK】

【NEXT​​​】